Decatur & Atlanta
Come visit us in beautiful Decatur, Georgia, with easy access to nearby Atlanta.
You're one step closer to achieving your career goal!
We are pleased to learn of your interest in pursuing studies at Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service. Our associates program is affordable, acclaimed, and student centered. We combine extraordinary faculty with real-world studies. We have an exceptionally diverse student population and an unparalleled support for your goals. For additional information on applying or attending our college, please contact our Admissions Office by emailing email@example.com or call 770-593-2257. We look forward to answering all your questions or give you a tour!
The application form for enrollment into the College should be secured from the Office of Admissions of the College or apply here online. The completed application should be returned as far in advance as possible of the actual enrollment date to allow for proper processing of the application.
Educational requirements are prescribed by statute as well as rules and regulations of the funeral service licensing board of the state in which a student desires to obtain licensure following graduation from Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service. It is essential that an applicant be familiar with these requirements before enrollment. Licensing criteria vary considerably from state to state so it is strongly recommended that the applicant contact the state licensing board or the Admissions Office to insure compliance in advance of graduation. The minimum requirement for admission in all cases is high school graduation or its equivalent.
Application For Admission
The application for matriculation should be filled out completely and returned to the Admissions Office. In addition, the following items are required for admission and acceptance to the College:
- A completed application for the program desired
- A paid $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- A high school transcript certifying graduation, or a GED certificate and scores sent directly to the college from the certifier
- Official transcripts from all other educational institutions previously attended by the applicant should also be sent directly to the college from the certifier
- A recent photography for identification purposes
a. A driver’s license or state identification card is preferred
- Successfully completed entrance assessments and earned the minimum score of 305 in the verbal section and 295 in the quantitative section
The college reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant when it is in the best interest of the College, staff, faculty, students, and the funeral service profession.
As of July 1, 2022, Pierce Mortuary Colleges will no longer be accepting International Students.