Decatur & Atlanta
Come visit us in beautiful Decatur, Georgia, with easy access to nearby Atlanta.
Application Fee: A non-refundable Application Fee of $50.00 must accompany the Application for Matriculation. This fee is not covered by financial aid.
Security/FOB Fee: A non-refundable $20.00 security fee is charged prior to program of study (exception is online only students). This fee includes:
- Cost of Student ID
- Campus security
Military Servicemember Application Fee Credit: The paid application fee will be credited against future tuition and/or fees for active duty, Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) U.S. military service members, U.S. military veterans who have been honorably discharged from both active duty and/or IRR. If you are eligible for a credit, request a Military Application Fee Credit Form from the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. When completed, scan the form back to the admissions e-mail address or your admissions representative. Our Admissions and Financial Aid staff stands ready to assist active duty, IRR, veterans, and military family members.
Textbooks: All textbooks are provided by the college for in-class students. If your textbooks are lost or stolen, the college can issue a replacement. Students are responsible for replacement cost.
Note: Textbooks for General Education courses (ONLY): The general education textbooks shall be returned undamaged. Damage includes written notes, highlighting, pages ripped or excessive damage. If a student drops or withdraws from a general education course, these textbooks still must be returned. If your textbooks are lost or stolen, the college can issue a replacement. Students are responsible for replacement cost.
Distance Learning Textbooks: The College provides all required EBooks, if available. Distance Learners must purchase all required hardback book textbooks, if not available in an Ebook. Distance Learning students may purchase textbooks online when paying tuition or purchase from another reseller.
Clinical Embalming, Restorative Art, Supplies and Lab Fee: A non-refundable fee of $650.00 will be charged to all students at the beginning of their first quarter of funeral service curriculum. This fee may be covered by financial aid (TIV). This fee will cover the following:
- Student Embalming Supplies
- Student Restorative Art Supplies
- Onsite and Offsite Lab Supplies
- Administrative On-Site Inspection and Recertification
- Inspector’s Travel
- This includes taxi (or other), hotel, mileage, tolls, etc.
- Funeral Home Business Verification (if applicable)
- Preceptor Training
- Certified Preceptor pay/cost
- Administrative Costs
Technology Fee: A $175.00 per quarter technology fee is charged at the beginning of each quarter that has an online enrollment. The technology fee is a charge in addition to tuition costs that will be used to enhance the student’s distance learning environment, protect the academic integrity of online programs, provide resources and increase the College’s capacity to meet the technology
environment expectations. The technology fee is due at the beginning of each online quarter the student is enrolled in at least one or more online course(s).
Technology fees are non-refundable and can be covered by financial aid. This fee includes:
- Technical infrastructure – software and hardware
- Technology Maintenance & Upgrades
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Online secured proctored examination
- McGraw-Hill Connect, Cengage, and other support services for course content
- DL Faculty and student resources & support
- Computer Lab and Deep Freeze
- Office 365
- Student Information System (SIS)
- GoToWebinar for live and recorded lectures and/other similar platforms
- Student & Faculty Help Desk & technical assistance
- Library databases
- Faculty technology needs to support student learning and communication
- Content development, Course development, and Course design
- Training and professional development to create skills and materials integrating technology into the classroom
- Security solutions to protect student and institutional data
- NBE study question bank
Graduation Fee: A $150.00 graduation fee and an Application for Graduation are due no later than the second week of the final quarter of enrollment. All students will be charged a graduation and commencement fee regardless of their attendance at the ceremony. The graduation fee must be paid to the Office of the Registrar before your diploma and transcripts can be released. Graduation fees are non-refundable and may be covered by financial aid. Students who do not meet the requirements for graduation and have paid the graduation fee will not need to pay again; the fee will be carried over to the new graduation date. This fee includes:
- Administrative student graduation audit review
- An official commencement ceremony
- Cap, Gown, and Tassel
- Awards and Honor Cords
- Official diploma indicating degree earned
- Additional official diplomas are available for purchase in the Registrar’s Office
- Diploma covers presented at the ceremony (covers provided to only those attending the ceremony)
- Additional diploma covers are available for purchase in the Registrar’s Office
- Official Transcript
- Additional official transcripts are available for purchase in the Registrar’s Office
- Administrative cost
- Graduation pictures are available for purchase through ceremony photographer
- Friends and family attendance
Re-Entry Fee: A non-refundable $50.00 re-entry application fee is charged prior to re-entry into the program of study. This fee includes:
- Student demographic confirmation and updates
- Student will meet with the admissions representative or Dean to update any demographics that may be out of date; such as: address, phone number, e-mail, etc.
- Re-entry documentation and updates
- Enrollment updates within NSLDS
- Financial aid updates
- Credit evaluation/re-evaluation
Change of Program Fee: A $50.00 change of program fee is charged prior to transfer procedure. Like an application fee, this fee covers:
- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- Transfer credit review
Returned Payment Fee: A returned payment fee of $30 will be charged to a student’s account for any check dishonored by the drawee bank. Return payment fees are non-refundable and are not covered by financial aid. This fee covers administrative duties associated with the returned payment.
- The returned payment must be paid by cash or money order
Waiving the Fee:
- The fee will be waived if the payment was returned in error, providing supporting documentation is submitted
National Board Exam Fee: The NBE is not required for graduation. National Board Exam Fee for first-time takers will be reimbursed up to $250.00 if taken and passed within 60 days of last Comprehensive Exam. See details here.
Note: This Bulletin in all or in part is subject to change without notice