Funeral Director / Embalmber
Meets with clients to make funeral arrangements, explains service options, assists in casket selection, provides pricing information, and prepares standardized contracts for services.
- Performs technical and cosmological embalming services.
- Finalizes details discussed during arrangement conferences with with appropriate tracking & compliance documents.
- Directs funeral services and visitation, including greeting family members, opening parlor, coordinating and instructing pallbearers, greeting and escorting clergy to chapel. May assist with funerals while not acting as primary director or act as hearse or limousine driver when needed.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation and issuance of permits and documents associated with funerals and embalming. This includes death certificate, permits from coroner, writing embalming case study and others as required.
- Removes and transports deceased from home or hospital to funeral home.
- Maintains cleanliness of preparation room and equipment.
- Performs all other related functions as assigned.
- You have 1 year of experience as a licensed funeral director and 2 years of post-secondary education.
- You must be a licensed funeral director and embalmer or the ability to obtain a state license.
- You must have the ability to obtain any additional licensing required by the state.
- You graduated from an accredited school of embalming or mortuary science.
- You have a high degree of concentration and attention for a continuous period of time.
- You can occasionally stand/walk and frequently lift or push.
- You possess valid state driver's license.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have the ability to interact and collaborate effectively with others in a team atmosphere.
3331 Street Road
Bensalem, PA 19020