Decatur & Atlanta
Come visit us in beautiful Decatur, Georgia, with easy access to nearby Atlanta.
Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service, Saturday, October 26, 2019 @ 10AM EST (9AM CST) to Noon EST (11AM CST)
Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service is a non-profit corporation offering post-high school education to men and women interested in funeral service as a career. The central purpose of the college is to give students a thorough acquaintance with those areas of knowledge essential to their specialization. The college is dedicated to the advancement of funeral service education and the funeral service profession.
The central aim of the College is to recognize the importance of funeral service education personnel as:
- members of a human service profession;
- members of the community in which they serve;
- participants in the relationship between bereaved families and those engaged in the funeral service profession;
- professionals knowledgeable of and compliant with federal, state, provincial / territorial, and local regulatory guidelines (in the geographic area where they practice) as well as
- professionals sensitive to the responsibility for public health, safety, and welfare in caring for human remains.
Objectives of the College
The objectives of Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service reinforce its mission statement and institutional aims. To that end, the College will strive to:
- enlarge the background and knowledge of students about the funeral service profession;
- educate students in every phase of funeral service and to help enable them to develop proficiency and skills necessary for the profession;
- educate students concerning the responsibilities of the funeral service profession to the community at large;
- emphasize high standards of ethical conduct;
- provide a curriculum at the post-secondary level of instruction, and
- encourage student and faculty research in the field of funeral service.
- Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission, State of Georgia;
- Authorized to award an Associate of Science Degree in Funeral Service
- Department of Health and Human Services; Social Security Administration
- State Boards of Funeral Service
- Veterans Administration benefits
- State Approval for Vocational Rehabilitation Training; Department of Justice; Immigration and Naturalization Service
- National Association of Colleges of Mortuary Science