Fort Myers Memorial Garden Funeral Home
Overview: Funeral Director / Embalmer Intern
Your dream job awaits you at Fort Myers Memorial Gardens Funeral Home and Cemetery in Ft. Myers, FL! If you are looking to train with the best and grow within your career, this opportunity is for you! We are changing the culture of our profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it. Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities at Ft. Myers Funeral Home & Cemetery. We can't wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you'll love it here.
Benefits of Working at Fort Myers Memorial Gardens:
• We are the preferred provider in our community. Passion is what drives us to treat every family we serve as if they were our own, & that includes our Ft. Myers family.
• We are a dynamic privately-owned funeral, cemetery, and cremation company offering multiple opportunities for growth.
• We are putting safety first! We continue to meet and exceed all CDC mandated safeguards for the safety and health of our team.
• We offer competitive pay, 401K, Health/Dental insurance, paid vacations, and a positive environment.
• We strive to maintain flexible work schedules for our directors. After hours / on call nights are shared equitably between all funeral director personnel.
• We are an active supporter of various charitable organizations throughout our community. These groups include, The Fort Myers Police Department C.O.A.C.H. Program, Elks (B.P.O.E.), Moose Lodge, Syrian Shrine, Nations Association along with many churches and synagogues.
• We will help you build confidence in your funeral director and embalming skills through our hands-on training program, giving you the tools needed to be successful and grow within our company.
Why Fort Myers, FL:
• The Weather in our area boasts an average annual high of 82.4 degrees and an average annual low temperature just under 65. No snow nor ice, just beaches!
• Our region tops many major lists of the WORLD'S best beaches including Naples, Marco Island, Sanibel and Bonita Beach.
• The housing market is solid, and our area is consistently considered one of the best areas to start a family.
We've made it our life's work to take care of others - and that starts with our employees. Take it from them and listen to a real-life testimonial from one of our current employees, “One of the best companies I've ever worked for. From the supportive co-workers to the best bosses ever. I love it here! I was apprehensive about leaving an established family owned business and moving to Florida for a fresh start. Best career move I ever made! I've achieved unparalleled success and opportunities I only dreamed about in this profession. I regret not making the move earlier in life!”
Here at Fort Myers Memorial Gardens we strive for work and life: balanced. Ideas and innovation: invited. Employment here is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, to change yours.
• Creates a positive first impression when answering the phone, responding to a first call, and assisting with a service
• Practices presenting options to families during the arrangement process
• Assists with coordinating, planning and scheduling visitations, services, receptions and open houses
• Participates in scheduling all service arrangements and details such as clergy, honorariums, military organizations and any other persons involved in conducting the event
• Assists in the maintenance of the facilities, grounds and vehicles
• Works with Funeral Director in obtaining all necessary information needed to complete documents such as death certificates, burial transit permits, insurance policies, VA burial benefits, obituaries, and death notices
• Prepares the memorial area for the family before the services start
• Ensures that flowers and other memorabilia are returned to the family after services
• Maintains reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
• Currently enrolled in an accredited mortuary program
• Ability to communicate clearly, follow directions and perform accordingly
• Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
• Understanding of the services and products available
• Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ADkREEI687KziWBaCG5Ld
Fort Myers Memorial Garden Funeral Home
1589 Colonial Blvd
Ft. Myers, FL 33907