Chapel of the Chimes Funeral Home
Funeral Director Intern
Your dream job awaits you at Chapel of the Chimes Funeral Home in Hayward, CA! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you!
We've made it our life's work to take care of others - and that starts with our employees. Work and life: balanced. Ideas and innovation: invited. Employment here is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, benefits & work/life balance to change yours.
Aim high. Choose a career that matters.
• Growth: Be in a position of growth and opportunity where your compensation and benefits can go well beyond your expectations; all while maintaining essential work-life balance and ongoing training and support.
• Security: You'll be joining a growing profession where your role is invaluable and always needed.
• Purpose: It doesn't get more rewarding than helping someone through the hardest time in their life, from providing comfort to a grieving family to planning the perfect ceremony that honors a life well lived.
Paid internship. On-the-job training. Plus benefits.
We are seeking a Funeral Director Intern for Chapel of the Chimes Funeral Home in Hayward, CA. You'll learn everything it takes to be fully prepared to sit for the licensing exam from the best Funeral Directors in the profession. We offer competitive pay, 401K, Health/Dental insurance, paid vacations, and a positive environment.
As a Funeral Director Intern at Chapel of the Chimes, you'll be responsible for providing a source of support, guidance, and direction to families before, during, and after the loss of a loved one. The Funeral Director Intern is responsible for observing, training, and practicing techniques including funeral directing, funeral arrangements, counseling, visitations, forms and agreements.
• Creates a positive first impression when answering the phone, responding to a first call, and assisting with a service
• Practices presenting options to families during the arrangement process
• Assists with coordinating, planning and scheduling visitations, services, receptions and open houses
• Participates in scheduling all service arrangements and details such as clergy, honorariums, military organizations and any other persons involved in conducting the event
• Possess an Associate's degree (Mortuary Science degree preferred) and the ability to sit for the California Funeral Director's licening exam
• Ability to communicate clearly, follow directions and perform accordingly
• Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
• Understanding of the services and products available
• Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/da4jDlSnMZJaflVDURJpw
Chapel of the Chimes Funeral Home
32992 Mission Blvd, Hayward, CA 94544
Hayward, CA 94544